Saturday, June 1, 2013

Whew...I made it!

Well, it's offical.  As of 2:30pm yesterday I am on SUMMER VACATION!  Although, this summer promises to be a summer vacation like no other now that I've got Little Man C around to keep me on my toes.  With the start of summer vacation, it also means that I'm back to blogging about my adventures in reading.  Over the winter the stress of teaching full-time, creating products for Teachers Pay Teacher (check out  my shop!), and taking care of Little Man C just got to be too much and something had to give, so I took a step...well several giant leaps...away from blogging for a moment.  But, summer promises to be a much more relaxing time.

I signed my son up for the local libray's summer reading program.  Even though he's only 10 months old my library offers a program for kids his age.  (I'm so grateful to live in a community with an amazing library!)  I picked up my list of literary activities for kids his age yesterday and we've already done three of them.  I'm sure I'll have more to post about the list of activities later as we accomplish a few more of them.

My husband and I are also signed up for the adult summer reading program and while we were there we scouted out the library's selection of books on cd's for our trip to the beach this summer.  The adult summer reading program is generous in their guildines and allows you to log audio books as well as books you actually read so we always try to pick up a few to keep our minds occupied as we drive.

I'm busy cooking up some other great book adventures for the family this summer and I can't wait to share them with you.  Plus I've got some books that I'm excited to read.  I'll be sure to let you know about the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment