Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday Discovery


My Black Friday discovery!

I am NOT a black Friday shopper.  It would have to be something beyond amazing to get me out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to stand in a cold line for the privilege of fighting crowds inside the store and then waiting in another long line to check out.

That said, my husband and I did eventually venture out of the house to check out some black Friday deals that our local used book store was running.  We figured it could be a good place to buy some gifts and stocking stuffers for our family (and maybe even a book or two for ourselves).

Back in the children's section of the store, I largely struck out on what I was looking for but I did make one great discovery.  The store had a large selection of read aloud anthologies.  Oh, how I wanted to buy each one, but sadly I don't know anyone with children old enough for that type of collection yet and I have years before my little one is ready for such a book. 

The basic idea was the editor had pulled selections from popular children's stories that each took about 10 minutes to read.  (A great length for a bed time story or for filling extra class time!).  The particular book pictured here had such a great variety of selections.  The used book store I was in, also had variations of the book above including a poem version, Bible story version, and a few others.  It took all of my will power not to snatch them all up!

For now, I'll have to content myself with pinning it to my bookshelf on pinterest so that when the day comes and my son is old enough, I'll remember this discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment