Friday, November 9, 2012

My Favorite Gift for New Parents

In packing my hospital bag to prepare for labor I, of course, packed books for my husband and I to read.  But, what I forgot to pack was a book or two to read to our son.  So, the first books that we read aloud to him were adult books.  My husband read selections from Brave New World, while I read him selections from The Looking Glass Wars

Inspired by this oversight I've decided that my new go-to gift when I visit new parents in the hospital is going to be a baby book or two.  Flowers are beautiful and I certainly loved the multiple bouquets that decorated our hospital room, but what I would have loved, and really could have used, were a few books to read to my son.  What new parents wouldn't cherish reading from On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman, You Are Special by Max Lucado, or Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney to their brand new precious bundle.  There are so many wonderful titles to choose from when selecting a book that may well end up being the first book a baby has read to them.  And just think of the memories those parents will have of the first time they settled in to read to there new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment