Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Awesome Secret Santa!

Every year my school does a Secret Santa gift exchange the week before Christmas Break.  It’s always fun to give and receive gifts, but this year it was extra fun to receive gifts.  My Secret Santa knocked it out of the park!  She was amazing!  To help us know what to purchase for our person each participant fills out an wish list information sheet.  I always list books on my wish list information sheet, but no one, until this year, has ever given me a book.  I understand why, I never give information about a specific title or genera because I really do like to read just about anything.  But that makes it intimidating to try to gift a book with no guidance.  But this year my Secret Santa rose to the challenge and gave me not one, not two, but three books!  My wonderful Secret Santa gave me The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts, The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, an Heaven is for Real by Todd Durpo.  My amazing Secret Santa even thought to include Peek-a-WHO? By Nina Laden for my son!  (This book has been on my list of books I've been hunting for at used book stores.)  It must have been divine intervention that lead my Secret Santa to that title because I know she didn't know I was looking for that book for him.  For now I’m excited to be on Christmas break armed with three New York Times Bestsellers to keep me happily reading over break and a new book to share with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment