Sunday, January 27, 2013

Favorite Book 6 months

It's hard for me to believe, but my son is 6 months old as of this week.  I'm not sure where the time has gone.  He's changing and developing in so many ways and that goes for his reading interests as well.  At this age he definitely shows a preference for books with bright, bold colorful illustrations.  He won't sit on my lap indefinitely anymore, so shorter books works best.  He's also at a stage where he grabs for books and can turn pages (not always the right way but he can turn them).  So, board books are the perfect fit.  He really enjoys any book that has bright, bold illustrations with limited text per page.  I'll list a few of the books that my husband and I particularly enjoy reading to him, but he's not showing a great preference for any specific title at this point.

Just for fun, my husband does make a point of reading something with more print fewer illustrations to him before he goes to bed.  This week he's been reading from our collection of Berenstain Bears stories.

Some of our favorite board books to read to our son:
  1. Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss
  2. Moo Ba La La La by Sandra Boynton
  3. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
  4. Sheep On A Ship by Nancy E. Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment