Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Won!

The first week of the adult Winter Reading Program at my local library has come to a close and I WON!  Monday afternoon a very kind librarian called to tell me that one of my book reviews had been randomly drawn and I had won one of the weekly prizes.  YES...I LOVE WINNING!  Just to build suspense they didn't tell me over the phone what I had won, so it made driving to the library even more exciting since I got to anticipate what prize I might have won.  And, I must say, I was quite happy with the prize that I won, a $10 gift card to a local restaurant.  How fun, the library managed to combine two of my favorite things, reading and eating!

It's so much fun to win a prize, but I know I should say, just reading the books is the real prize.  Get real, I love to win (and if you're being honest, I know you do to!).  So, celebrate with me an my first week victory for winning a prize at the library.

And, just in case enquiring minds want to know, I've logged three book reviews since the program has started:
  1. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  2. When Come the Spring by Janette Oke
  3. Olive Kitterage by Elizabeth Strout

No comments:

Post a Comment