Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I don't know about you, but I'm not actually much of a New Year's Resolution type person.  Although, for the past few years I've toyed with the idea of trying to read 52 books in a year (that's one book a week for a whole year).  This year, rather than make that an official resolution, I'm just going to use this blog and the What We're Reading Now page to keep track of how many books I read in a year.  I've always wondered.  I know I don't always read a book a week.  Sometimes I read long books that take more than a week, and other times I read short books where I can chew through two or three books in a week.  And, then of course there are times that life just gets busy and I many not read much at all for a week.  But I am curious to know how many books I read in an average year.  By this time next year I'll know.

Of course, I also want to continue to build a reading habit into my son.  Yes, I know he's still young (as of Christmas Eve he is now 5 months old...how the time flies!) but I don't think it's ever too early to start developing a reading habit.  I'm not sure exactly where that path will take our family, but that's part of the reason for this blog, to chronicle our family's journey into a legacy of family literacy. 

Whatever your New Year's Resolution, whether you have one or not, I hope that you make reading a part of your life and a part of your family's life.  I hope that in some small way this blog can be an inspiration and resource to you and your family as you explore the world of words and imagination.

Happy Reading...Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment