Monday, January 21, 2013

Forgotten Titles

My mother-in-law came to visit this weekend and brought with her a whole box of books.  They had been in storage for years and the box contained many "oldies but goodies".  Looking through the box was so much fun.  The box was a mix of childrens classics and books I'd never heard of.  But, mixed into the box were some books that brought back special childhood memories.  These are not books that make it onto "best books" lists, but they are books that I remember my mom reading to me when I was a child, and that makes them special.  So, if you're looking for some great picture books that you've probably never heard of check out some of the titles below.  Fair word of warning though, some of these books are old and out of print.  So, even though I've included a link to amazon, make use of your local library and check them out and enjoy them for free!



  1. Popcorn A Frank Asch Bear Story
  2. Seven Froggies Went to School by Kate Duke
  3. The Day Jimmy's Boa At the Wash by Trinka Hakes Noble (Illustrated by Steven Kellogg)
  4. Because a Little Bug went Ka-Choo by Rosetta Stone
  5. The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone by Stan and Jan Berenstain (okay, I know everyone loves the Berenstain Bears books, but I'd forgotten about this particular book until I saw it in the pile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment